Applications are invited for the Foundation for Partnership Initiatives in the Niger Delta’s (PIND)Niger Delta Peace Champions (#NDPeaceChampions) 2022 Program. The program is for interested and qualified candidates who reside in Nigeria’s Niger Delta region and are interested in supporting existing peacebuilding infrastructures and designing solutions to conflicts in their communities, thereby contributing to the overall goal of achieving sustainable peace.
Violent conflict is a key constraint to peace and development in the Niger Delta. PIND thus believes that peacebuilding knowledge and understanding of an integrated early warning reporting system would ensure a proactive response to emerging conflict issues through peace messaging, earlywarning/analysis, and mediation and consensus-building by local stakeholders and partners.
The goal of this programis to expand PIND’s network of peacebuilders through the Partners for Peace (P4P) network and build their capacity in peacebuilding practice and processes for them to contribute to PINDs Early Warning and Early Response (EWER) system.
The program will bring together 90 youths who will gain new knowledge, share ideas and contribute to peace and development in the Niger Delta.
- Capacity building in peacebuilding, and early warning and early response
- Become part of a network of young people and leaders who are creating a paradigm shift in the way the world interacts with and understands peace.
- Leadership and career development.
- All expense paid participation in peacebuilding and EWER training and workshop
- Contribute to a more peaceful Niger Delta and the world at large
- Applicant must be resident in the Niger Delta region of Nigeria
- Applicant must be between the ages of 18 – 35 years.
- Availability to partake in four(4) virtual sessions and one (1) physical training session between June and November 2022.
- Have an idea of a peacebuilding intervention that can be implemented in your local community